SRU 2021 Early Career Investigator Research Call for Abstracts
In accordance with the mission of the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound (SRU) to advance the science, practice and teaching of the subspecialty of ultrasound in radiology, the SRU announces the 2021 Early Career Investigator Research Award.
SRU members who are within the first ten years of practice are eligible to submit abstracts for consideration for the Early Career Investigator Research Award. The first author of the top three papers will be expected to present the paper during the October 21 Fellows session at the 2021 annual meeting and will receive free registration to the meeting. This will be a mentorship session that will give the presenters invaluable exposure to the SRU Fellows, with a short time after each presentation devoted to discussion by the Fellows with the presenter.
The abstract will also be submitted to Ultrasound Quarterly, the official journal of the SRU, for possible publication.
1. The work must be primarily about clinical ultrasound imaging. The member submitting the work must be the first author and must have contributed the majority of the work for the study.
2. The submission shall consist of an abstract not to exceed 500 words, containing the following six elements in separate paragraphs:
- Purpose or objective of the study
- Materials and methods
- Two to Three References
3. The applicant must submit a current curriculum vitae and a letter from his or her department chair, attesting that the work has been done primarily by the applicant, and that it has not been published prior to its submission to the SRU.
4. Each candidate is limited to one submission.
DEADLINE: June 30, 2021 Midnight