SRU 2020 Early Career Investigator Research Call for Abstracts
In accordance with the mission of the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound (SRU) to advance the science, practice and teaching of the subspecialty of ultrasound in radiology, the SRU announces the 2020 Early Career Investigator Research Award. SRU members who are within the first ten years of practice are eligible to apply.
The award will be given for a paper on original research in ultrasound. The first author (member submitting the work) of the award-winning paper will be expected to present the paper to the SRU Fellows in a special mentorship session of the Fellows meeting on the first day of the meeting (October 22). The same opportunity will be afforded to up to 2 additional honorable mention papers. The mentorship session will give the presenters invaluable exposure to the SRU Fellows, with a short time after each presentation devoted to discussion by the Fellows with the presenter. The first author of the award-winning paper will receive a certificate, and the first author of any paper selected for presentation (award winning and honorable mention) will receive free registration to the meeting.
The abstract will also be submitted to Ultrasound Quarterly, the official journal of the SRU, for possible publication.
1. The work must be primarily about clinical ultrasound imaging. The member submitting the work must be the first author and must have contributed the majority of the work for the study.
2. The submission shall consist of an abstract not to exceed 500 words, containing the following six elements in separate paragraphs:
- Purpose or objective of the study
- Materials and methods
- Two to Three References
3. The applicant must submit a current curriculum vitae and a letter from his or her department chair, attesting that the work has been done primarily by the applicant, and that it has not been previously submitted for publication or published prior to its submission to the SRU.
4. Each candidate is limited to one submission.
The submission deadline ha been extended to June 30, 2020. Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via e-mail. The SRU Research Committee will review the abstracts and submit its recommendation for the award-winning paper to the Executive Board for final approval. Applicants should not contact members of the Research Committee or the Executive Board regarding activity on their application. The review process will be completed shortly after the submission deadline, and applicants will be notified of the final decision on their applications in June.